Five Things I Have Been Digging On LatelyOctober 5, 2009
1. Classic Shaw Brothers Kung Fu Cinema: Most notably the films of director Liu Chia-Liang. Eight Diagram Pole Fighter, 36th Chamber of Shaolin, Martial Club, Legendary Weapons Of China, Heroes Of The East, and Challenge Of The Masters all come highly recommended.
2. Joseph Beuys: The Multiples @ BCAM: This is an amazing show. It made me do some thinking about my own approach to reproducing my work. (Sorry, no link – LACMA has a shit website.)
3. God Help The Girl: Amazing LP from the Belle & Sebastian folks.
4. Stephen Shore: Uncommon Places – The Complete Works: Beautiful large-format photography, shot by Shore during numerous road trips across America in the seventies. Photos of a world that was ignored at the time, paved over and/or renovated today. The most lovely parking lots you’ll ever see.
5. Aberlour 16-Year Single Malt Scotch Whisky: Greatly enhances the enjoyment of the four previous items.